In special circumstances where weight-specific items are purchased such as meat and cheese, Baldor will keep a small hold prior to shipping your order. What may be perceived as an overcharge, is an Authorization Hold for credit/debit card transactions, a temporary hold placed on funds pending authorization. This amount is automatically readjusted at the time of shipping and will display correctly on your account once the order is on its way to you. Once your order is delivered, you will receive a receipt and your card will be charged only for the items you received.
Here’s how the process works:
- A payment is made with a credit card or debit card upon placing an order.
- The issuing bank automatically places a hold on a predetermined amount of funds or available credit.
- Once the order is processed, the transaction value is submitted for settling.
- The transaction is displayed as Pending.
- The temporary hold is released 2-3 business days depending on the bank.
- The correct order amount is transferred from the customer’s account to Baldor Specialty Foods.
Baldor charges 5% above the order value up to $100 maximum. For example :
- Order = $100 / Fee value = $5
- Order = $500 / Fee value = $25
- Order = $2,000 / Fee value = $100
- Order = $3,000 / Fee value = $100