Please stand advised that you may see what can be perceived as an overcharge on your credit card or debit card upon placing an order. This is an Authorization Hold for credit/debit card transactions, a temporary hold placed on funds pending authorization. Once your order is delivered, you will receive a receipt and your card will be charged only for the items you received.
Here’s how the process works:
- A payment is made with a credit card or debit card upon placing an order
- The issuing bank automatically places a hold on a predetermined amount of funds or available credit
- Once the order is processed, the transaction value is submitted for settling
- The transaction is displayed as Pending
- The temporary hold is released 2-3 business days depending on the bank
- The correct order amount is transferred from the customer’s account to Baldor Specialty Foods